if all of the raindrops were lemon-drops and gum-drops,
oh, what a rain it would be.
Profile
/
underneath the moon, underneath the stars here's a little heart for you
Tagboard
15.2.10 @ 11:51:00 AM
I'm glad to be back in Oxford, even though the weather's been awful. It snowed a couple of times last week, but it was just light snow that didn't stay on the ground for long ): I got caught out in a brief blizzard while getting groceries. It's been lovely catching up with everyone though (:
Happy Chinese New Year!
I can't believe it's been 6 years since I last celebrated CNY in Malaysia. I wonder if celebrations are the same as they used to be. A bunch of us got together on 除夕 (the night before Chinese New Year) for a reunion dinner of sorts. We made an attempt at hotpot and bought roast duck(ling) from this HK takeout round the corner. Nothing compared to reunion dinners back home, but i guess beggars can't be choosers!
andd, we decided to try out our Takoyaki pan yesterday! (:
It didn't quite work out as planned. First, we wanted to buy an octopus (yumm), but the fishmonger didn't have any yesterday. We got squid instead, and one of the squid had 4 fishes in its belly! (: I always thought squid ate plankton. Then, we tried to make takoyaki with okonomiyaki batter, but they all ended up stuck to the pan or charred ): oh well. guess we'll season the pan and try again another day.
and so dinner ended up being okonomiyaki pancake (okonomiyaki brown sauce + japanese mayo makes anything taste yummy), fried chicken, and cake(yum).