if all of the raindrops were lemon-drops and gum-drops,
oh, what a rain it would be.
Profile
/
underneath the moon, underneath the stars here's a little heart for you
Tagboard
3.2.10 @ 3:00:00 PM
(: I'm finally properly settled down in Oxford. Time to start work!
I bought a new bike from this guy (though strangely all email correspondence was with a girl named elizabeth dou)last night. I really like it! it's much more efficient than my previous bike - the gears actually work and I don't paddle along like a hamster on a wheel anymore (: Only thing is, it's pink, which is a little embarrassing.
I can't wait to start cooking again, now that I have my own (clean) kitchen (: I miss home-cooked food. I've stocked up my pantry. That was one of the first things on my to-do list. Oh! We ordered a takoyaki pan from Japan Centre -beams- but we'll see how it turns out! I'm sure the people who work at takopatchi (in Singapore) make the process look a whole lot easier than it actually is.
The 5 months in Princeton seemed to stretch on and on when I was going through it.It's all become a blur already. I spent most of my time there in the lab, really. I had such a committed and helpful mentor, I truly thank God for him! Karen was absolutely wonderful too (: It'd all have been a whole lot harder if it weren't for her. I'm very thankful we got to talk and hang out again, we haven't had many chances to since I left for Canada. The night before I left, I was eating chinese takeout (i know...), and my fortune cookie said: "in the near future, you will discover how fortunate you are". Well, I already knew/know how blessed I am. God's been extremely gracious over the past half a year - placing the loveliest people in my life and sending help at just the right times (: He's been there at every moment, watching over me, sustaining me, and providing/caring for me, from the biggest of ways right down to the littlest of things (: