if all of the raindrops were lemon-drops and gum-drops,
oh, what a rain it would be.
Profile
/
underneath the moon, underneath the stars here's a little heart for you
Tagboard
11.2.07 @ 5:43:00 PM
I read an article that john samuel gave me...and I was greatly encouraged. I was just feeling very frustrated with myself and burdened by my complete inability to obey God and trust in Him and surrender my all...
the article was about eagles. They can't really flap their wings for long periods of time like sparrows. Rather they soar, using relatively little energy, and how they do this is that they get lifted up reallyreally high by invisible thermal columns of air in the atmosphere like they're on an elevator and then soar left and right downwards as they move out of those columns...they get lifted up so high that we can't see them from the ground with our naked eye. That's how we should be living - resting in Jesus, letting Him lift us up so that we can soar on eagles wings,
letting Him lift us up to higher planes and stop being a sparrow flapping desperately because that is foolish, completely futile and it wont be long before we drop from the sky out of exhaustion (oh dear, imagining sparrows dropping from the sky is quite disturbing).
Phagocytosis.
weekend is over =( tried to work a little on saturday to no avail. then it was cookout night with a few other singaporean freshers...and then "when I grow up..." bop (i was a track star though i really wanted to be a farmer but I didnt have a costume) , followed by princess mononoke. church today - living in a strange land. Daniel 1 . Not to withdraw, not to compromise, not to fear. yupp, and it's john lin's birthday todayy! happy birthday to him though he'll never read this.