if all of the raindrops were lemon-drops and gum-drops,
oh, what a rain it would be.
Profile
/
underneath the moon, underneath the stars here's a little heart for you
Tagboard
1.9.06 @ 3:17:00 PM
weekend!
the record is officially Two Weeks. This week's been niceeee =) Started on my first round of selections for the REAL experiments. haha. experiments that will actually yield results that matter =) zebrafish. The last 2 weeks were just...well. for learning. I'll be on my own more from now on...which is quite scaryyyy. I'd better plan my week over the weekend!
I am convinced that I will cause an explosion one day. I almost ruined the experiment twice on thursday - added the wrong reagent then almost threw the supernatant that we were supposed to KEEP into the waste bucket. hahaha. yikes. Almost got a heartattack. haha, Praise the Lord that the first time I could remove the beads from the mixture and the excess blocking buffer didnt quite affect it. haha. and the second time...I had JUST decided to start a new waste bucket because the previous one was almost full...so i threw the supernatant into a sterile tube! =) hahah. -pHEw- really really praise the Lord =)THEN. I put a erlenmeyer flask of bacteria culture into the icebucket without looking =( and I almost toppled Chris' spectrophotometry tube of proteins or something. yikes. haha.
so yes...i've been having many many interesting and funny dreams =) which is nice. I wake up happy. Does it count? Being happy in your dreams? because only what counts matters. I dreamt of Imani, Emily Soper, Rua, Hannah, Aldous and Chris in the past week. haha. quite amusing. Some of them were in Singapore...in gardens to be exact. haha.
I realized that I've never mentioned my tennis classmates! Yes, i'm in a group class, an adult group class to be precise. There's Uncle Lam - a 60ish year old uncle who is soooooooooo adorable. He's real good at the game and real earnest about learning! When the coach corrects him he smiles and happily keeps trying! He's reallllyyyy enthusiastic about helping the others out =) He'll toss balls for us to practice while we're waiting for our coach and he'll demonstrate/guide us on how to swing the racquet right =) Everyone likes Uncle Lam! Then, there's Yimei, whom I thought was awfully familiar when I first saw her - not just her face...her mannerisms and all. At first I thought she was from RGS...but it turns out that she was in MGS! =) Same class as my eldest sis! =) Such a coincidence. haha. She remembers the time when I was little little, with a little bunch of hair tied at the side, looking for my sister. =) yupyup...then there's a brother and sister pair. The sister's pro! haha. the brother doesnt show up regularly.
dessert!
Had dinner with justin mid-week. Thai Express followed by Haagen Dazs. I was sTUFfed. but dessert was heavenly! =) haha. the waiter gave Justin 1 napkin but gave me 3! It's probably coz I look like a messy eater =( haha. My dessert was drowned in espresso. haha. and both of us are reallyyyy sensitive to caffeine! Didnt dare to soak up too much of it.
today! I ended work early =) Mummy and her three working daughters went out for dinner! Muthu's Curry =) yumyumyum. haha. had all the indian food that I was craving for - lamb curry, chicken masala, gulab jamuun, mango lassi, naan, palek paneer...the others had prawns, but guess who cant eat those! =( haha. All of them hate gulab jamuun! they think I'm insane to like it. haha. Sara is convinced that ever since I went to canada, I've started listening to the strangest of music [like marimbas,james ross, pink martini, sarah harmer...haha. ok, i shall stop embarrassing myself] and that I've started liking the strangest of food. It was a niceee happy dinner =)The waiter was quite quite taken aback when I paid for dinner...haha. Mum, Nana and Sara were all beaming - the littlest one has finally received her first paycheck!
haha.
One last thing: UWC Central Presentation Saturday, 2 September UWCSEA 2pm